Need tube: 1" diameter that fits python hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
The 2" tube that comes with the python is pretty useless for me for gravel vaccing - its too wide. So I end up using a regular gravel vac into a bucket while the No-Spill is drawing out water. I want a 1" diameter tube so I can finally eliminate even that last bucket. I tried buying a 1" diameter regular (non no-spill) Python gravel washer but the plastic cap is too small of a diamter to use in the tubing with the Python. I know Python makes a 1" diameter replacement tube for the No-Spill but I've not been able to find it anywhere.
Does anyone know what other brands of 1" gravel vac tube fit the Python No-Spill hose ???

joannde said:
The 2" tube that comes with the python is pretty useless for me for gravel vaccing - its too wide.
Exactly what do you mean it's too wide..To get between decorations, plants, etc ?

Thx,

Dave

Sounds like your problem calls for a trip to the home depot... While the right attachment at home depot wouldn't be python brand named, it would probably be cheaper.

Yes, the 2" tube is much too wide to get between plants and such.

I have to go to Home Depot today for some other stuff - what exactly am I looking for there ??

My quick fix was to get a roll of vinyl tape or something of the sort that sticks well...
Then take the tube thingy and wrap it around until its the right thickness. You will need this to be dry while you do this. After its the right thickness, it should fit. Problem is, flow rate will still be minimum because the hole did not change diameter yet.

How heavily planted is your tank? What size is it?

This may sound crazy, but stop vaccuming the gravel? Just do a water change and let your plants use up the waste on the bottom that you've been stealing from them while you've been vaccuming. Is that even how you spell "vaccuming"?

They have a whole aisle for different types of tubing, piping, and various related attachments. Just bring in the tube you're trying to hook up to and find a sales associate (I know, easier said than done there :) ), they should be able to show you what will attach to it and find you the size tubing you want. Good Luck!

its a barebottom tank with plants in pots - I don't vacuum the pots, just sort of wave the wand over the bottom to pick up the lose stuff. but with 20 mystery snails in the tank the barebottom gets awfully poopy LOL - and since I have alot of handmade ceramic decor (rocks to attach the java ferns to, caves with java ferns attached to the top, a ceramic tree with 5 branches that I need to get between) that 2" tube is just WAY too thick. I was thinking of maybe getting rid of the tube entirely and just siliconing a chopstick to the bottom of the hose - that would give it stability and keep it nice and narrow. Since the flow rate is determined by the tube it would work "just as well" as it does now. Whatdaya think ?

I work at home depot and we carry all the python parts but they are from a different brand. I used them to make a gravelvac for my 7 gallon long tank and it works like a champ.

clubsuperduty said:
I work at home depot and we carry all the python parts but they are from a different brand. I used them to make a gravelvac for my 7 gallon long tank and it works like a champ.
What section can these parts be found in?

joannde - BTW, I just remove the big tbe altogether and just use the hose itself for vacuuming. Keep in mind that there is a lot more suction and it is very easy to suck up your substrate.

maxwell1295 said:
clubsuperduty said:
What section can these parts be found in?

plumbing section

Maxwell, that was pretty much where I was headed but figured I'd need to "sturdy it up", hence siliconing the chopstick to the bottom part of the hose. Since I have no substrate sucking it up isn't an issue LOL. PLUS, the other reason I stopped using the Python for vac-ing was because the suction isn't very strong - so more suction will actually please me. As I said, I have ALOT of snail poop to clean up. I'm going to try it w/out the chopstick first, then plan be will be to go to homedepot and find something that will fit, and plan c will be the chopstick.

Back
Top Bottom