Need your opinions guys/gals :D plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guys if you had to chose 1 canister filter, that is best with the budget, best bang for your buck, let's say for now I have 2 tanks, 1 is 60 and the other is 55, I have HOB filters, but I don't like how they are cleaning my tanks, because I saw my uncles tank and he has a canister filter setup and I was so amazed by the silence and the crystal clarity, most importantly, the noise.. right now my room sounds like waterfalls lol! so i'm considering investing in a smaller canister filter but under $150, but price really for my fishes aren't a problem but I want everyone's opinion because I've read great reviews on Marineland filters and Eheim filters, thanks

I really want to eventually do discus so give me your best canister media suggestions, and do you guys trust amazon shipping or fostersandsmith.com? Thanks,,

Look at the either the Fluval 305 or 405 for ... I'd go with the 405 personally. Quiet, Powerful and 4 media baskets to customize the filter media. A few members have gone the amazon route with no issues ... good prices and product is delivered on time.

and another question, let's say I decided to get a canister filter that is suited for a lot larger tank, let's say 120+, if I had that in my 60 gallon, would it over filtrate the water if that makes sense to the point that its to much? if that is possible ofc

I'd stick with the fluvals or eheims.

I don't have one of the Asian knockoffs, but I've read plenty online from folks that felt they just weren't as good once they had an eheim or fluval.

I bought a used 110 that came with marinelands a few months ago. They are really finicky compared to the ehiems I already have. Just replaced with Fluvals, and I'm really impressed with the newer ones.

I have an old fluval cannister that works well, but its also finicky and had a hard time beleiving posts on how great the new ones are, but it's true.

Jcolon BTW nice fish setup..I was wondering do your cichlods ever pick on the zebra danios? I love em lol I have them in the tropical setup

I'm sure you would have excellent results with the 405 on a 60 or 55 gallon and I am a fanatic about doubling filtration.

I got two fx5's for a 110 and a 180 gallon tanks and I think the fx5 would be way overkill on the smaller tanks. The water flow would probably be too much.

Wohoo can't wait to get it then I made a mistake and purchased two hob filters but u ha e to learn someway so I will go with 405 is it easy to setup. Would I need tk purchase any tubing or connections that it might not have

AddictedtoFishNoW said:
Wohoo can't wait to get it then I made a mistake and purchased two hob filters but u ha e to learn someway so I will go with 405 is it easy to setup. Would I need tk purchase any tubing or connections that it might not have

I know a website where you can get a knock off brand filter for 100 dollars that performs better than the fluval 405... it even has a built in uv sterilizer.

They are pretty complete and come with plenty of tubing, usually.

They come with foam filters, carbon and glass biomax for filter media. If you want different filter media, like ceramic rings, purigen or whatever, you can. But you don't have to.

I'm getting excited for you!

mudraker said:
I'm sure you would have excellent results with the 405 on a 60 or 55 gallon and I am a fanatic about doubling filtration.

I got two fx5's for a 110 and a 180 gallon tanks and I think the fx5 would be way overkill on the smaller tanks. The water flow would probably be too much.

I have 3-100 gallon tanks all with fx5's & 2 of them with extra jebo 838

Really sorry I couldnt respond quicker I was at work..which one bro does better than the fluval what's the site should i go witj that one

I want to order tonight I cant wait to enter the canister world lol I have two hobs and they dont do emough so I need to def get canister plus thr noise is starting to catch up lol

Back
Top Bottom