Needing help fish in danger - molly acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcnomnom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
PLEASE HELP! I have a dalmation lyretail mollie and just resently he has been laying in a rainbow shape (or an upside down U) at the bottom of the tank....hes not dead but looks like he is. When he tries to swim he swimms in a barrel roll type way or faces down but his tail sticks up and he tries to swim. All his fins are out when hes at the bottom and breaths slowly. WHATS WRONG WITH HIM?? Im scared hes going to die. I have a 10 gallon tank two mollies two guppies all male i feed them once a day 4tropical fish flakes total that goes into the tank. Ive had my tank set up for a month and a half about at a month i had to treat the tank for ich and cotton wool i did its all gone (yes i know for sure it is) i am a beginner my levels arenitrate: 10 nitrite 1.0 (yes i now thats high but a couple weeks ago it was 10 so its a big change) hardness:150 chlorine: 0 alkalinity: 60 ph: 7.1 ammonia: 0 temp. : 80

I did one 50 precent change last saterday. And with swim bladder disease is there anything to treat it? And it says general question. This is a general question. I domt know if he is sick or if its my water. So again its gernal i dont fully know of he is sick.

Back
Top Bottom