Nematodes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Stupid things. They are all over my snails... can they hurt my fish? I'm going to do a PWC and vac the sand real good, try and get all the extra food off. I am so tempted to put my two otos in the 10 (out of QT) because the 5 gallon is really pissing me off. But it's bad enough they keep dying, I'd flip if something happens to Alejandro lol

It's been like a week so far (for the oto's) right? If they haven't died yet, and aren't showing any signs of sickness, they're probably ready or almost ready to put in.

The nematodes you have are just there because of the extra food, and are harmless. Once their food source is gone, they'll go away pretty quick.

Max- I had 4 otos originally, 2 died, I got another one, and it died. So these 2 seem to be doing pretty good but I worry lol. It has been almost 2 weeks now krap, will be two weeks exactly on tuesday. I just don't want them in the 10 lol. (the 'todes)

They are no threat to any of your stock. Just a little gross to look at, lol. Most fish eat them. Extra water changes and gravel vacs should take care of them, and maybe cut back a little on feeding. :)

Yes SM I didn't do a lot of maintenance on the 5 until I tried to get it ready for the otos. Lots of algae wafers and not lots of PWCS lol. I did 75% water change last night, vac'd across the sand and rinsed out decor in old tank water with filter media. Tank is a lot better now and the otos seem a lot happier. I am really thinking these two will make it. They are so cute they sleep on each other! :) Wish the rest were still here :(

Back
Top Bottom