Nematodes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkwolfsoul010

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!
I've been having a problem recently and I was wondering if any of you knew how to help me out. In one of my tanks I have 2 young Axolotls. They get a 20% water change every other week, and have been thriving happily in their home for a number of months now. For as long as I've had them I've been feeding them frozen bloodworms with no problem, but about 2 weeks ago I noticed what I think was a nematode swimming around my tank.

I used a turkey baster to get it out and sent it down the drain. I thought it was gone, but in a few days I saw another one. The next time I checked I saw a couple of them! I didn't really have a problem with just fishing them out and tossing them, but now I've upgraded to a 33 breeder tank for the two, and I don't want the nematodes getting back in.

I use RO water and the only thing that goes into the tank are the frozen bloodworms. Can I get the nematodes from those? What should I feed instead?

UPDATE: 09/22/14 I've started feeding freeze dried krill instead of the bloodworms. But I still want to know what caused them.

Back
Top Bottom