Neon tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chandeptitious

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have ten neon tetra at the moment and I noticed this morning that some of them have fat bellies. Could they be pregnant or bloated/constipated? They're still very active and are all eating well. I can't get a decent picture because they're still moving around a lot. At this point I'm only curious, I'm not too worried about them yet as they don't seem to be having any other problems.

What is your feeding schedule? What do you feed them? Are they eating?

I know I had this problem with my Rummy Noses a while back, but then I uped the feedings a bit and the problem went away.

Once a day, in the morning. And I've only ever fed them flakes, I was told with my other fish that more than that would be over feeding.

Good flakes are fine, and how often do you feed? I feed my fish flakes, shrimp pellets, veggie wafers, and bloodworms when I can afford'em. I feed 2 pinches of flakes a day, a few shrimp pellets every other day, and a couple algae wafers or bloodworms every few days.

I give them a good pinch of flakes of a morning and every now and then an algae flake. I have a bit of a variety of fish (guppies, sucking catfish, female betta and a dwarf gourami that I keep separate because he's aggressive towards the others) and I haven't gone any further with different food for them. I've only been keeping fish for five or six months so I don't really know much about it all.. Ha. Here's a few pictures, all different fish. Sorry the angles aren't all that good

Attachments

• image-1495920021.jpg
    image-1495920021.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2420805228.jpg
    image-2420805228.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3745003424.jpg
    image-3745003424.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 70
I have observed that neon tetras get bloated very easily. Two of the 13 I have get bloated not so often and they swim head up. I starve them for a day and they recover. I also feed them skinless boiled peas once or twice a month to help their digestion.

Back
Top Bottom