Neon Tetra vanished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rmuk12 said:
hi

i do not have a kit as of yet although i have actually ordered a api master test kit, i did have the water tested two days ago and they said everything was normal but they did not give me the readings, all the other fish seem fine but the mollys seem to be both male and oneof the seems to be hassling the neons all of the time

how much water should i change or would it be best to get it tested at the store again until my kit arrives?

I would do a 50% change to be safe, then after the change wait an hour or so then take a sample to be checked.

Ask them for the exact reading and that way you can work out a water change schedule :)

Scouser said:
Alterception? Is that even a word?

And the filial cannibalism is exacerbated in the aquarium as studies have shown that it isn't as common in the wild.

Alterception-
Alterception is where we unconsciously percieve things and like/dislike them because of what they stand for and in turn affects our perception of things in many differant ways. :)

So just because the proffessionals study neons in their circumstances/ variables doesnt mean the same variables in my tank or your tank.

yes agreed captivity does exacivate aggression and instinctual behaviour :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just had another blue neon die, its actually on top of the biorb filter, im wondering if it is possible that they are swimming onto the filter and getting stuck for some reason?

i took the filter out and managed to save the neon doing a water change now i have added tapsafe how long do i need to leave the water at room temperature before adding it to the tank?

i took the filter out and managed to save the neon doing a water change now i have added tapsafe how long do i need to leave the water at room temperature before adding it to the tank?

If you are adding water conditioner, and the new water is the same temp as the tank water, you can put it in immediately.

Back
Top Bottom