Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do neon tetras get more color the older they are, becuase i have two somewhat large ones that are very beautiful and four teeny babies that are practically totally clear? Just wondering becuase i really like this species and want to learn everyrthing i can.

They will gain better coloring as they get older. Also, when they are stressed, they will lose their coloring temporarily. It could be that the babies are a little more stressed than the adults are...just a thought.

There also prolly so small its harder to see the color. I know guppies when small are hard to see(well there lik specks to begin wiht) but with time the males havea a beutiful look to them.

Jacob

psst wat tank do you have these in now?

Hara was right, they temporarily lost their color due to the stess of transportation and a new home, now they are just as pretty as the big guys.

Hara was right, they temporarily lost their color due to the stess of transportation and a new home, now they are just as pretty as the big guys.

Back
Top Bottom