Neon Tetras act weird after new fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fintique

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well to the point i got 2 rainbow fish and 2 panda corys. Now my neon's dont swim around much they hide in the rocks or under my drift wood. its been that way for a week. They are healthy and the rainbows are not harassing. im shot on this one.

Your Tank

Well to the point i got 2 rainbow fish and 2 panda corys. Now my neon's dont swim around much they hide in the rocks or under my drift wood. its been that way for a week. They are healthy and the rainbows are not harassing. im shot on this one.

Hello Fin...

Try adding some floating plants to the tank. Pennywort, Anacharis and Hornwort are all good. Just drop several stems of these plants into the tank. Aquarium fish gain comfort from a well planted surface, because the plants provide hiding places.

B

Hello Fin...

Try adding some floating plants to the tank. Pennywort, Anacharis and Hornwort are all good. Just drop several stems of these plants into the tank. Aquarium fish gain comfort from a well planted surface, because the plants provide hiding places.

B

I use api 7.0 water adjuster. Says not for planted tanks :(

I inherited 6 rainbows when I bought my tank. No matter what I stocked the tank was never 'happy'. I tried to outnumber the rainbows with tetras but the rainbows ruled. I rehomed 5 of them, couldn't catch the 6th. The change in the tank was immediate. All the tetras came out and the tank has been harmonious since. The remaining rainbow now thinks he's a blood fin tetra and fits in perfectly, so he stays. The rainbows weren't exactly aggressive but it seemed like the tetras knew they were the bosses.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I inherited 6 rainbows when I bought my tank. No matter what I stocked the tank was never 'happy'. I tried to outnumber the rainbows with tetras but the rainbows ruled. I rehomed 5 of them, couldn't catch the 6th. The change in the tank was immediate. All the tetras came out and the tank has been harmonious since. The remaining rainbow now thinks he's a blood fin tetra and fits in perfectly, so he stays. The rainbows weren't exactly aggressive but it seemed like the tetras knew they were the bosses.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

that's what i noticed! it was almost instant... very weird. unfortunately i cant move any fish. maybe time?

I agree with Scot jud. I have 5 neon tetras and 3 rainbows that rule the tank and my neons hide almost all the time. I'm thinking about getting more neons.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom