Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Neon tetras fighting?

I have a school of 7 neon tetras, I've had them for about two months and they have been really peaceful, but lately they've been fighting each other when they're bored. Did they learn this behavior from my glofish? They've never fought before until they saw my glofish doing it. I have a well planted under stocked 30 gallon tank so I don't think it's about space or territory either. Water perimeter all fine.

My stock list:
6 albino corys
7 neon tetras
8 glofish
9 cherry shrimps
maybe 5 or 6 bladder snails

Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

If by fighting you see two of them coming into contact like wrapping the body around the fish or is it they fin nip each other if it was first one the wrapping is probably mating if the later I'm not really sure I've never had my neon's fight each other in that matter, both my danios (glofish) and tetras look like they fight at times but that is just part of the mating process so next time you do a gravel vac look to see if you can see any fry they look like ! almost they are very small.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My bloodfins do that towards each other. They have never killed each other and it looks like they are playing chasing each other around.

Tags
fight, fighting, neon, neon tetra, neon tetras, tetras

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com