Neon tetras fighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoMoreGoldFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a school of 7 neon tetras, I've had them for about two months and they have been really peaceful, but lately they've been fighting each other when they're bored. Did they learn this behavior from my glofish? They've never fought before until they saw my glofish doing it. I have a well planted under stocked 30 gallon tank so I don't think it's about space or territory either. Water perimeter all fine.

My stock list:
6 albino corys
7 neon tetras
8 glofish
9 cherry shrimps
maybe 5 or 6 bladder snails

If by fighting you see two of them coming into contact like wrapping the body around the fish or is it they fin nip each other if it was first one the wrapping is probably mating if the later I'm not really sure I've never had my neon's fight each other in that matter, both my danios (glofish) and tetras look like they fight at times but that is just part of the mating process so next time you do a gravel vac look to see if you can see any fry they look like ! almost they are very small.

My bloodfins do that towards each other. They have never killed each other and it looks like they are playing chasing each other around.

Back
Top Bottom