Neon/Waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyFreddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A bit of a strange question here.. Do neon tetras produce much waste? Was thinking of keeping some with my guppies which are basically poop machines! So yeah, strange question and my logic tells me that neons aren't big poopers but you never know in this hobby so thought I'd just check :)

A bit of a strange question here.. Do neon tetras produce much waste? Was thinking of keeping some with my guppies which are basically poop machines! So yeah, strange question and my logic tells me that neons aren't big poopers but you never know in this hobby so thought I'd just check :)

Hmmmm, I wouldn't say so, they are pretty small fish. I have one (I am working on getting more), and I don't think I have ever seen it poop LOL. Don't worry, he is eating though.

yea they do produce less waste than other fishes. good to see people double checking something this important.

They poop the equivalent of any other fish based on how much you feed... They don't need much food, so they don't poop as much volume wise... Eat less, poop less.. Just like us :)

Back
Top Bottom