Neons and Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

golisoda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 G cycled tank with plants - Italian vallisnaria, Dwarf grass. I have Neon tetras for 3 weeks now. I am total newbie so please bear with me. Yesterday I added two fancy guppies. Now the problem - the two guppies remain at the water surface. One guppy is a little adventurous to come to bottom but goes back to the surface when it hits on the neons. The other one is almost motionless. The neons seem to be aware of the guppies but they move normal otherwise. Is this a common problem or a compatibility issue. My water is 0 nh3, 0 no2, 20 no3. slightly acidic 6.5-6.8 ph soft water. Any help appreciated.

Regards.

give them a little time. fish need some time to adjust themselves to a new tank. and since your water quality is pristine, they are probably stressed because of the move.
but don't worry, they'll come around. there's no compatibility issues here...

I've got 3 male guppies, 2 neons (long story), and 3 corys in my 10 with no problems.

sorry for the late reply and thank you all.., I guess the guppies were still juvenile so they needed time. I appreciate ur help.

Back
Top Bottom