Nephew cross fed my fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had 2 bowls one with flake Food and tubifex soaking in garlic guard & water from the 55 gallon, the other was cichlid pellets for my convict with his tank water in the bowl, I fed my 55 gallon the tubifex and flake and my convict 6 pellets, set the!leftover pellets on the table and by the time I got back from the kitchen my nephew put the pellets from the convict tank (his water) in to my 55 gallon, so I'm worried about cross contamination, My convict isn't sick he's actually super healthy, but now I'm wondering if I should do anything just in case?

Also by him doing that my 55 gallon was WAY over fed, I tried to net out as much as I could but most the fish had already ate them (even though they are to big for my rainbows) so I don't know what to do about that either... thinking fast for a day and feed peas on say Tuesday night?? its Sunday night where I am.

If I read this correctly, a little water from your Convict tank got dumped into your 55 gal. Planted tank along with additional food. You also noted that most of the extra food was consumed by fish, and the remainder was netted out. No known active pathegens in the Convict tank. I would think "no worries".
I believe you are putting 200% effort in your 55 gal. Getting the new planted system going. The fear of screwing things up becomes amplified when such effort is applied.
Relax a bit. Maybe skip a day of feeding.

If I read this correctly, a little water from your Convict tank got dumped into your 55 gal. Planted tank along with additional food. You also noted that most of the extra food was consumed by fish, and the remainder was netted out. No known active pathegens in the Convict tank. I would think "no worries".
I believe you are putting 200% effort in your 55 gal. Getting the new planted system going. The fear of screwing things up becomes amplified when such effort is applied.
Relax a bit. Maybe skip a day of feeding.
Okay and yes that's exactly what happened, I just get paranoid lol going to fast them today and start back tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom