Net dip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are there any solutions that people buy that they can just dip their net in before they go in the tank or do people just boil wash them?

To stop cross contamination I mean. I know anglers are supposed to do this before fishing a pond.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are some fungus resistant to dry. In LFS they tend to dip net in high concentrated methylene blue water. But that won't kill any diseases. I personally rinse my nets under hot tap water before going from tank to tank... But for ponds, I think there's more possible diseases / hitchhickers.

I will randomly say some chemicals names: Hydrogen Peroxyde, isopropylic alchool (rince well after), methylene blue, permaganate potassium, sodium metabisulfite, potassium metabisulfites (I use this for cleaning my brewing equipement for beers).

I would exclude bleach from this list, it's too hard to rinse and you could do more harm that benefits.

I must say having a different net for each tank, considering that they are so cheap is not a bad idea.

However, here is a link for a net soak. I considered ordering some in the past, but never actually did it.

Jungle Net Soak - 8 fl oz

I feel bad I use one net all tanks no washing. Now I know better.

I rarely use my net so I don't worry about it. When I worked at an lfs, we soaked our nets in chlorine.

Yes. Know they are cheap. I did have a couple but I cut one up to stick ceramic media In when cycling my latest tank.

I just wondered if there was anything.

Thanks for all replies.

Back
Top Bottom