Net Dip Question.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have multiple tanks, is a net dip better to use, or can you use a SW solution? I read on the Aquarium Salt container that you use X amount of salt per Y amount of water to use as a new soak. Is the salt solution not as good, just as good, or better than a net soak that you buy from the LFS?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all that Net Soak is, is diluted methylene blue. It just gets rids of nasties. If I keep nets in saltwater, they rust...

I don't bother, I have 3 tanks and use 3 nets. I think I have a total of 7 nets and use 4-5 of them depending on what fish I need to net. If I think they need to be cleaned I use bleech and rinse them forever. Maybe I should try the methyl blue or net dip to save on rinsing. I would think alcohol would kill most things also but might damage the plastic covering the metal over time.

i use the same nets on my 2 tanks, i dont feel i'll spread anything, just because my fish are never sick though

well, it just takes the one time when getting fish from the lfs and you get ick. All it takes is using the same net and both tanks will have it. I did it with an algae scrubber, and all 3 tanks got ick.

well im done stocking fish, mine have been isolated with each other for quite awhile so im safe. you would just be better off doing what fish4all said, get different nets.

just out of curosity, how many fish do you intend to move around? and how often?

I don't move fish around. But I've added lots of new fish, lol. And have had ick 3 times now. And only one of those times I did some algae scrubbing and infected 2 other tanks.

Back
Top Bottom