Nets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExperimentLain

Aquarium Advice Activist
So this is a question that has been bugging me for years. More-so now that I have encountered an issue with my common fish net and bristle-nose Pleco. Is there a better net out there than others? In color, mesh size, dimensions or anything?
My little guy barbed up and got his cheek caught to the net, is there some net that will help keep the barbed fish from sticking?
I read somewhere once that Color of the net helps fish from seeing the net and helps reduce the stress of being chased. I am not very sure how accurate that is.

So that's a random question for Lainy today :D

I've wound up using a mason jar and 1 cup dry measuring cup. No netting, nothing to catch on.

+1

I use a plastic tupperware for our bristlenose and farlowella instead of a net when I need to move them. Just to be safe. It can be more challenging, sometimes, but nets are never safe for barbed fish. With our BN, I had to remove all decor and leave the tupperware in there for a bit before I could catch him. Luckily I've only had to do it once!

Agreed. I've never had barbed fish except pros, but if I need to move a fish, I use cups. I feel nets are too stressful, pulling fish out of water.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom