New 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so my mom has just allowed me to get another tank at the moment I have a 29 gal 65 gal 5 gal and a 2.5 gal. She is allowing me to get another tank on two conditions. 1 it has to be 10 gallons or smaller and 2 it has to contain fish that resemble the steelers football team. So far the fish I am planing to get is 1 honey gourami and 3 bumblebee gobies. I still want to get another small school of fish but I can't think of any other fish small enough that are black and gold or yellow and gold or just gold or just yellow. I honestly don't want just black fish. I haven't gotten the tank yet but I plan to in the next month or so. Any advice on those three other fish would be great.

Gold Pristella tetra or yellow tetra are the first that come to mind. I've heard conflicting info about the bumble bee goby eating.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

What do you mean about it eating does it refuse to eat or something

Oh I see now it's a carnivore that requires live food and actually does better in a tank with its own species. I mean I like the idea of a single species tank but I think community tanks are just like there's more to look at

I wouldn't do a school in such a small tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What about a school of like 5 fish and then 1 solitary fish

What fish specifically and what size is it exactly?

What fish specifically and what size is it exactly?

Alright so I do want to get a honey gourami in there and then I'm not quite sure what the school of fish would be maybe like leopard danios or some kinda tetra but I'm still stumped on what's a relatively small schooling fish that is black and yellow

What size is the tank? 10 gal?

The honey is fine but those schoolers are way too active

I'd do the honey, and yellow and black male guppies (4-5)

That's actually not a bad idea could I do anything for the bottom level of the tank

Would I still be able to do the gourami and guppies and I've never had shrimp so I honestly don't know how to care for them could someone tell me how I would do that

Would I still be able to do the gourami and guppies and I've never had shrimp so I honestly don't know how to care for them could someone tell me how I would do that

Do some research on the internet. Plenty of info out there. Aqadvisor.com is a good tool for stocking limits.

Shrimp are generally a good idea for small tanks, but they tend to be very sensitive to nitrates. So you'll want to do weekly 50% water changes.

The fish would be fine but I would get shrimp first and let them breed for a while before adding fish.

Alright thanks everyone for the help I will post pictures when I get the tank one last thing how many shrimp should I start out with and what do I do with the shrimp babies after breeding like do I just let the other fish eat them or do I try to save them

Start with maybe ten shrimp and let the babies vo

Back
Top Bottom