New 10 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally got some pics of my new 10gal in my room and thought id show ya em ...... i also added one of the new gold gourami i have that seems to be doing well ..... and if anyone could tell me if she/he is male or female that would be cool ...

here is the tank

10gal1.jpg

and the gold gourami

Goldy.jpg

enjoy :)

Ray

hows your lighting on that tank? anything special? if its a decent lighting, you should get some plants on that driftwood..that would be very neat. and that is an interesting piece of driftwood too by the way.

The lighting is just my old NO flouresent that was on my 29gal before i upgraded so i mean i dk .... its about 15 watts i think so i might be able to grow some but i will put a new light on it if i decide to plant it ..... the driftwood i saw at a LFS and said boy i bet if i turned it that way it would look good in that 10gal of mine and it does :)

Ray

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it at the LFS?

Low-light plants like some java ferns on the driftwood, and some crypts would look great in that tank. Maybe even anubias towards the upper portion of the driftwood closer to the lights would probably do well as well.

If I'm not mistaken, your Gold Gourami is going to outgrow your 10 gal tank in no time. It's the Dwarf Gouramis that stay small.

I actually got lucky on the wood and she couldnt find the price so it rang up as a small piece (which it is not) for like $5 ..... and i am debateing what plants to put in and when and if i should upgrade the lighting. Elmware i do know this and i guess nature took its course this morning by killing my dwarf in my 29gal ... so i ended up moving the gold back to the 29gal today and got 6 new glowlight tetras for my 10gal.

Ray

I think you would like the look of some java fern attached to that driftwood. Just clip the roots and use some cotton thread or a rubber band to attach it where you want it. In a few weeks the roots will attach to the wood and you can clip the string off. It looks great IMO. Unless, of course, you are planning on keeping a crayfish in there- any plants will be gone in no time.

Sorry about the dwarf. Recently, many people have been having problems with them dying off. Not sure what's up with that.

Back
Top Bottom