new 10g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
so my cousin just gave me her old 10g fish tank!! what should i do with it? fw or saltwater? if i did sw how many fish and what kinds could ikeep in there? thanks!

I had the same issue with my 12 gallon and then my 55 gallon. I stuck with freshwater because it was cheaper (which is making my mother a bit happier) and it's easier. Plus I found some amazing fish that I want to get for my aquariums that I'd never heard about that are freshwater. You could get like 1-3 fish max in a salt or 5-6 in a fresh... But maybe that's just me

im kinda heading towards freshwater bc it would be my first sw tank so it would be very difficult in a 10g. what cool fish did you find?

There were gobies (which /i would really recommend), you could do A clown fish if you were religious with your PWCs maybe a crab/shrimp when your tank matures. Plus there are plenty of corals that you could do if you have some good lighting!

Might I suggest my newest find, probably not new to you but killifish. They can be a pain in the butt to find but they look really cool! Or maybe some dwarf cories. I love my peppered ones, even though the lfs said that they were dwarfs and I need a bigger tank I still love them!

okay i will look for them at the lfs but i doubt they'll have em. if not ill buy online (although i prefer picking them out in stores) ive read that you can only have 2 in smaller aquariums?

Back
Top Bottom