New 125 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So are they like the amazons, or do you mean the African spotted leaf fish, aka spotted bush fish, aka climbing perch, aka leopard Ctenopoma?

So are they like the amazons, or do you mean the African spotted leaf fish, aka spotted bush fish, aka climbing perch, aka leopard Ctenopoma?

No it is an african leaf fish but not the bush fish. I will try to link to the seriously fish profile tonightbwhen I am on my computer.

Ok I finally made a list of what potental stock may be. You guys help me narrow this list. This is not a single stock just different stock ideas.

South American Lungfish (alone),
Hystrix stingray (one or two),
Mixed SA Cichlids,
Native,
Black Nasty (wetpet)
Or
Bichir based tank (looking at ornate).

Oh yeah I forgot Fahaka puffer alone

Ok I finally made a list of what potental stock may be. You guys help me narrow this list. This is not a single stock just different stock ideas.

Mixed SA Cichlids,
Native,
Black Nasty (wetpet)
Or

Whats a black nasty?

RAH said:

Mixed SA Cichlids,
Native,
Black Nasty (wetpet)
Or

I also would love to know what a black nasty is...I don't know about you, but I find the awesome factor of a single-oddball species tank gets a little boring after a while, especially with something like a lung fish, as there's really no interactions going on in the tank. Just my opinion of course

I also would love to know what a black nasty is...I don't know about you, but I find the awesome factor of a single-oddball species tank gets a little boring after a while, especially with something like a lung fish, as there's really no interactions going on in the tank. Just my opinion of course

Do lungfish have to be kept alone? My LFS keeps them with livebearers sometimes. I know that is nkt a good standard but if they can do it short term couldnt it work long term with bigger fish?

Black nasty cichlid sorry I didnt know I forgot that part and as far as the lungfish go at 4 ft i imagine most fish would be lunch

Black nasty cichlid sorry I didnt know I forgot that part and as far as the lungfish go at 4 ft i imagine most fish would be lunch

Wow... I didnt know they got that big...

How about a true red terror that's what I will have when I get my 100+ size tank

I don't mind red terrors but to me females are the best looking and the males are plain looking to me

Today, started to pull the old paint off going to work on it some more tomorrow then i'm going to clean it. Saturday I may start painting it. I'm thinking black

So exciting! Did it come with filters, heaters etc?

Yes and everything works. Only bad things I can say about this buy is that it wasn't free, the paint was chipped from age, and the two aquaclear 500 didn't come with biological filters but I have 50+ bio balls that I will be using in there place

Well, you can't have everything all the time, but at least you got a good chunk of stuff and won't have to buy much more to get it running!

Well, you can't have everything all the time, but at least you got a good chunk of stuff and won't have to buy much more to get it running!

Well besides paint and I forgot that the lights came without bulbs I may have to invest $50 more to get cosmetic work on it so still not bad.

I'm still in the air on my 135g myself. I been thinking of everything from shoal of RBP, to 4 p bass and a aro (knowing its only a year investment), to all sorts of more rarely seen CA cichlids (RTM, hoggabomorum, lyonsi, jags, dovii(yearly), and f1 Rapps Midas.) just to name a few.

Can't wait to hear what ya do.

I'm still in the air on my 135g myself. I been thinking of everything from shoal of RBP, to 4 p bass and a aro (knowing its only a year investment), to all sorts of more rarely seen CA cichlids (RTM, hoggabomorum, lyonsi, jags, dovii(yearly), and f1 Rapps Midas.) just to name a few.

Can't wait to hear what ya do.

Thats the thing i'm stuck at. I like wetpets but I also like communities... I'm also stuck with a possible new trailer me and my fiance are planning to get. So I know my 55 will be ok in there but 125 gal not so much. But my fiance gave me permission to build a shed for all my tanks and make that my man cave. So that's a plus

Thats the thing i'm stuck at. I like wetpets but I also like communities... I'm also stuck with a possible new trailer me and my fiance are planning to get. So I know my 55 will be ok in there but 125 gal not so much. But my fiance gave me permission to build a shed for all my tanks and make that my man cave. So that's a plus

Yeah. A 125 in a mobile home may be pushing the weight limits unless you reinforce the flooring where the tank sits. The "aquarium cave" is a good idea too but you have to be out there to enjoy the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom