New 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i went to petco and got a 20 long because i hate my 20 tall. If i put all my water and the same filter from 20T to 20L would it be considered cycled??

Also i welcome all stocking ideas.

PS: i like new world cichlids lol

As long as your using same filter media and substrate it should be cycled. You should still check parameters to be on safe side.

Do whatever your in the mood for. I'm personally in the process of starting a 45 gallon dirt tank with otos, Cory's, cardinal tetras and 3 Apistos. Do some research and see what you want. If your not doing live plants look at cichlids as well. Just keep in mind with your size tank not to over do it.

Ok thx. Ya i have a 55,40B,x2 10,20T,20L. Haha so if i do get something that out grows it i have other tanks to move it to lol.

I might get a breeding pair of covicts. Or i will go to my LFS and see what they would be most intrested in buying from me if i breed.

Not many cichlids fit in a 20g. Only dwarfs. Rams, apistos, keyhole...ect ect Also, if you are considering moving a fish to another tank when it reaches full size that you know what tank the new full grown fish is going in and that is compatible with the current stock.

You could do a pair of rams, a dwarf gourami, and a school of cories. Or 1 keyhole, 6 rasboras, and some small loaches.

Well right now i have some, srry, ANNOYING, african cichlids. I ended up with them when a friend bought 6 of them for me for my bday and they are all between 1"-2.5" so they will be in there for a week until i can sell them. I dont have anything in the 40b its just running with plants and some ghost shrimp. So thats where the convicts would go if i bought them.
But i will prob buy rams and breed them in it. Then sell them to LFS or friends

Back
Top Bottom