new 20 gallon planted stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
since my 20 only had 1 kenyi i moved him into my empty 15 and put 4 black skirt tetras, 3 danios, ghost shrimp, and initally 2 glass fish but i noticed the glass fish had ich so i quickly got them out, or what looked like ich, now they are in my qt tank and i put aquariam salt in my 20 gallon, half the dose, for insurance just incase they did have ich bc they were in the same bag as the shrimp. and i also put some salt in my 10 gal.
but now i have these questions...
where these fish good for a planted tank with co2?
will the salt hurt the plants?
will the salt mess with the co2 injection or any other side effects of salt?

thanks

Aquarium plants have diverse needs just as fish do. I would imagine salt tolerance for them has to do with whatever species you have. The salt will not affect the CO2 injection but will raise the total hardness. Whenever I use salt, and the treatment is done,I double the water changing just as a precaution.

Your choices of fish for a planted tank are excellent. Black skirts are terrific fish.
:wink:

ya i like the black skirts tehy are nice and one i got is pretty big also today a day after the salt, everything looks fine and will the salt raise my kh too ?

Back
Top Bottom