New 300L or 75 gallon tank. What fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
I I'm getting a new tank on Sunday and wondering if any body could tell me what big fish I could get that are quiet Large in size and the some small colourful schools thanks

Well all fish are quiet (y)
If money isn't a constraint and you have time, I think a discus setup with a school of cardinal or rummynose tetras and a school of cories would make an awesome biotope :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
If money isn't a constraint and you have time, I think a discus setup with a school of cardinal or rummynose tetras and a school of cories would make an awesome biotope :)

Sounds good but I thought the discus would have been too big for it. Cause there huge fish?
What do you think bout a cichlids tank maybe?

bruinsbro1997 said:

And do you know much bout cichlid whats good an not. I presently only have angels and danios. Andthere quiet cool but just no colour in them. Like the cichlids.

bruinsbro1997 said:
What kind of cichlids? There's SA, CA, and African.

Can they be mixed? Otherwise I'm not sure.
I'm looking for dramatic fish really that stand out? Either by big size like the discus or bright colours.

Steo the great said:
Can they be mixed? Otherwise I'm not sure.
I'm looking for dramatic fish really that stand out? Either by big size like the discus or bright colours.

Nope it's kind of a general rule, no mixing cichlids from different continents.

But, I do think discus can fit in that tank :)

Yeah i do love discus just not the schools that go with them I find them boring. And already have a normal
Tank I think the cichlids will be a bigger challenge.

Would you have a preference over any continent for size and colour? Lol

Steo the great said:
Yeah i do love discus just not the schools that go with them I find them boring. And already have a normal
Tank I think the cichlids will be a bigger challenge.

Would you have a preference over any continent for size and colour? Lol

I like dwarf cichlids but it's all up to you :)

bruinsbro1997 said:

Ok cool.
Thanks for the answers.
I'm gonna go into a fish shop and see what they think us the best choice for me.

bruinsbro1997 said:

Hi again I didn't know discus fish were cichlids. I'll definitely get them if I can stock other cichlids with them?

Dawrfs, Altfrons, and Flowerhorns have the best collors IMO

You can put Dwarfs in with Discus,

My tank im building im planning on have

4x Blue Rams
2x Electric Blue Rams
10x Cardinal Tetras
3x Pearl Gouramies
3x Discus

Back
Top Bottom