New 4ft tank what 2 put in it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any suggestions on what fish to get?????

I'm open to any type of fish even something strange and wierd?

Please stop bumping the thread, it takes time to get responses, especially at this time of the morning. Also, you may want to put more content in your post, this gets people more apt to respond with something.

What kind of fish do you like? What size, temperment, etc? Planted? Biotope?

There's a myriad of fish that work in a 55g so a starting point would be good.

cichlids i reccomend! maybe some africans like mbuna or americans like an oscar :3
wierd? how about a tank with an african knife fish or a river style planted tank with a load of plants and DW with hundreds of tetras/minnows... that would be cool! x

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
cichlids i reccomend! maybe some africans like mbuna or americans like an oscar :3
wierd? how about a tank with an african knife fish or a river style planted tank with a load of plants and DW with hundreds of tetras/minnows... that would be cool! x

I wouldn't suggest a African knife, they need 125+g.

cichlids are nice, or gouramis (I suggest pearls)

khuli loaches are amazing!

do you want bigger fish, a center piece fish or a wide variety of smaller fish?

what type of filtration will you be using and are you going to use live plants?

Personally i like cichlids of any type. It really just depends on how many fish and different types of fish you want. Also has the tank been cycled?

i vote africans! the colours and personalities vary so much and there are so many "mini dramas" that go on, its truly fascinating. and the babies! adorable.
but then i keep oscars too, and their personality is perfect. i adore them. so as long as u have the right size tank, they are a great choice! or other americans such as blood parrots, green terrors, JDs. the big ones become more like friends than pets!

I like the look of these but what do you guys think about them???

Attachments

• image-2668552891.jpg
    image-2668552891.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 61
You could get a black ghost knife instead of the african

Black Ghosts get 20 inches long! :ermm: Wouldn't recommend them for a 55.

I would defineitely agree that Pearl Gouramis and Kuhil Loaches are awesome fish! Cichlids would also be nice.

Maybe a school of tetras (like 15), a pair or trio of Pearl Gouramis (1 male and 1 or 2 females), 8 or 10 Kuhli Loaches, and maybe an algae eater if you go planted.

maxwellag said:
They're cichlids. I love all cichlids.

I know what they are just want to know if u guys think they will be good to keep or will they be a bit boring?

adadkins1 said:
Black Ghosts get 20 inches long! :ermm: Wouldn't recommend them for a 55.

I would defineitely agree that Pearl Gouramis and Kuhil Loaches are awesome fish! Cichlids would also be nice.

Maybe a school of tetras (like 15), a pair or trio of Pearl Gouramis (1 male and 1 or 2 females), 8 or 10 Kuhli Loaches, and maybe an algae eater if you go planted.

Ahh i read in a few places they only got 6 inches. But i saw a vid and the guy said his was a foot long..sigh

Yeah, I didn't think they got that big until I looked them up. Saw a big one on Youtube. Cool fish, but really need a 75-100g+.

Back
Top Bottom