New 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Samzter said:
Right , you may think that they won't bother anything but the Gouramis and angels have barbels which the tetras will occasionally go after. Polka dot loaches are not aggressive from what you've seen. But you don't know what goes on at night do you? I may be speaking from unaccruate calculations but let's be fair, that tank would be overstocked no matter what. I had a school of 8 black skirts before and they went after my Gouramis, platies and stuff like that. So actually you're not the only one speaking from experience .

BTW angel fish and gouramis do NOT have barbels, on the angel fish they are called ventral fins, i am not sure what they are called on the gourami but i would bet they are bot called barbels. Loaches and Catfish have barbels around their mouths. Actually i do know what happens at night as i use a blue moon light after my regular light. if you had them in a proper school of 10-15 then they would only bother eachother. the tank would not be overstocked!

Samzter said:
Alright so do you t hink the fish are going to thrive in the wrong ph water? Cuz their not. stability may be far more improtant but the fish probably won't thrive in that tank. Were going to have to agree to diagree here, because all of us are just arguing.

Fish have evolved to handle different levels of ph. as long as a fish is slowly acclimated to a different ph and it is kept there, then the fish will be perfectly fine. In most cases the ph that is reccomended is only needed when attempting to breed.

Id do some firemouth and black convicts even a gold severum.. Probably need 75 gal for severum

Back
Top Bottom