New 55 Gallon Sand Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have put 60 pounds of Agaramax sand super-fine sand (0.2 to 1.22 mm grain size). How long will it take the dust to settle?:confused:

It could be a few days. You might want to do a partial water change and add some floss to your filter.

rich311k said:
It could be a few days. You might want to do a partial water change and add some floss to your filter.

Ive done a pwc. I dont have a filter on it as of yet. I didnt want to clog the new C220 canister

If it is brand new then I would empty the tank and refill carefully as to not let the substrate get disturbed, then wait for it to settle. I would start the filter up as well, small sand and dirt particles will get filtered out and should not hurt the filter.

Like said before if you haven't started your filter yet. Empty out as much water as possible without disturbing the sand then refill it and start running your filter. After that it will probably take 2 or three days. You could even empty and refill it a second time before adding the filter

Back
Top Bottom