New 75 gal tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey y'all....gotta a new 75 gal set up from a client of mine. It came with a Fluval 405 canister filter. I have not had a canister for years. Is this a good filter for this tank?

Hey y'all....gotta a new 75 gal set up from a client of mine. It came with a Fluval 405 canister filter. I have not had a canister for years. Is this a good filter for this tank?

It's a good filter but has long been superseded by the 406 so service parts may be harder to source. I have an equivalent JBL canister and I use it in a 46 gallon. I would always go bigger when it comes to filtration and be looking at 6-10 x tank volume an hour. The next in the fluval range of the FX6.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a good filter but has long been superseded by the 406 so service parts may be harder to source. I have an equivalent JBL canister and I use it in a 46 gallon. I would always go bigger when it comes to filtration and be looking at 6-10 x tank volume an hour. The next in the fluval range of the FX6.

Are they easy to use? I think I am going to do an African Cichlid tank in this one...so no plants. Need good filtration that wont blow my fish out of the tank...LOL

Are they easy to use? I think I am going to do an African Cichlid tank in this one...so no plants. Need good filtration that wont blow my fish out of the tank...LOL

Yeah very easy to use. It should be ok but I'd go bigger. Especially with cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom