New 75g community stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaketetra28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone! :) I just picked up a new 75g tank from my big Al's, I tried to find a used for a good deal but there really was none (been looking for months) and after having an eye opener of what you actually get for buying used for the price that people today want and without a warranty lets just say I went out to my big Al's soon after...

I think I'm going to work my way up to a planted tank before adding fish, because I still need to learn WAY more, plus there are sooo many options for lighting, CO2 etc. :/

What are some nice community stocking ideas? I have some ideas like tetras, dwarf gourami's or angelfish etc. But it would be nice to hear some other opinions of what can be done with a 75g tank.

The filter is going to be a Marineland C-360 canister as there is a summer sale on drfostersmith.com, and even shipping to canada with duty and tax is cheaper than any local or box store. With the addition of HOB filter prob and Aquaclear as I really like my new Aquaclear 20.

Has anyone put Apistos or GBR's in a community tank?, those are beautiful fish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404621082.999634.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404621082.999634.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 101
I have both german gold and blue rams in my 55g community tank. Here is my stock: 2 angelfish (pair), 2 gold rams (pair), 2 blue rams (pair), 9 black neons, and 3 otos. My tank is a low tech planted tank.

Yeah IK, they are stunning fish. My angels are platinum angels which also look amazing.

Agreed they are, I actually screenshot a pic of someone's Apisto on this forum as it looked so cool lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404622607.042027.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404622607.042027.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 90
Yeah they're cool. Did brookster post that by any chance. Apistos are never in stock in my area. I would have to buy them online and the shipping for these fish is ridiculous $40+ plus whatever the seller is charging.

He did actually! I just searched for the thread that I got it from, and yeah I can't find them in my area either although my bio teacher from a quick look had one in his class fish tank. My LFS had small GBR's in and that's the first time I've seen them have them since I've been going there

I know brookster has sold some that he had bred on this site. I doubt he would ship to canada tho.

Exactly :/ Omg the shipping to here is ridiculous from the US. I was looking at some moss from some online store for my 10g before my LFS finally got some in, they shipped to canada... but it was $30-$50 for $6 moss. Lol I don't think so

Marbled hatchetfish would be neat.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can get rams shipped to me for very cheap. There is this breeder in the us that ships already paired german blue rams for $12 dollars shipped. Not sure how much rams cost in Canada but in Florida they are pretty cheap.

I've had silver hatchet fish. They would jump out the heater cut out on the hood. I started with 6 and now I only have 3.

I can get rams shipped to me for very cheap. There is this breeder in the us that ships already paired german blue rams for $12 dollars shipped. Not sure how much rams cost in Canada but in Florida they are pretty cheap.

If I recall right I think the price at my LFS was a crazy price of $22 each for really small ones

When I saw the tag I was shocked as most of their prices are fairly reasonable IMO, I guess when they don't get a type of fish in regularly they increase the price insanely

A school of rummy nose tetras would look nice in a planted tank.

What do you usually pay for rummynoses, I haven't seen them at my local store. But a person breeds them in my area and sells them on Kijiji for 1 for $3, 10 for $25, 25 for $50. My local Big Al's could have them not sure actually

Back
Top Bottom