New 92 Gallon Corner All-Glass Aquarium Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am planning on putting water in my tank tomorrow. I'm off work and I'm going to get a lot done. I need to run to the local fish store tomorrow or purchase plants online to have them here either tomorrow or Wednesday but I can't get info on what type of carpet plant I can have with discus. And I want a tall plant for my background preferably thin but doesn't matter . Any help would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bacopa Caroliniana is hardy and crazy tall. I had some strands hit 20 inches easy.

You could try dwarf sag. It's not as demanding as S. repens.

Caleb

I saw dearf chain sword I liked it too

Question on your stand... It does have center support right ? The center where your hole is for the water testing kits, my stand has a center board right there for support on the bow... Do you have any support beams that i am not seeing ?

Your tank is also open in the back corner.. You need support on the corner points of your tank. Each point of the tank that crosses ^ you need support on the left and right sides of those points on the ends.. I understand you have wood on the back side panels of glass but the center in the front and back being open is a no no.. Here is a picture of my stand on the inside for you if you need help building yours.

If this were my stand i would add support braces on each point inside. Each pointed end of the tank and the direct center of the bow needs support. Having support on the corners also allows you to have more room in the back for hoses to come out you dont need so much wood in the back panels. One reason you need support on the corners and the center is it will prevent the stand from collapsing on itselt if you wiggle it with the weight of the tank.. Make sense ? The way you have it right now is like standing on one foot in an earthquake.

You can have corner supports in each corner, and the entire back can be cut away and open and itll be fine. Other then that the stand looks really nice, Im not sure i like the front panel though, so ima agree with you on that

img_3257849_0_0739daeed08d537bb8d2cc78ae80a8c6.jpg

img_3257849_1_c4d6ee5cd413aed13039fba1f010095f.jpg

img_3257849_2_47f023bc80052ad011dfb70d978d151a.jpg

Most definitely that was a pic of how I took it apart. Honestly idk how the last guy got away with his design because at 1000 pounds full he didn't have much support! I have added 2 2x6s and 2 2x4 supports up front with another 2 2x4 supports in back.

I think today is finally going to b the day I get everything ready to actually set it in my room. I am up early and have to finish the front of the stand. Then I have to wait on a friend to come over to where we will plumb it. Then help with taking everything outside to test run and actually get the tank full. Then hopefully my diy refugium does well and I'll put it in my room. If the sicce pump 5 is to loud it will be going in the living room. If it's to loud for the living room I have a back up eheim 1262 but I want max flow.

I was also wondering about plumbing my return line to the take. I have an aqua classic 25 uv light. How much well this uv light cut down on my flow? What is the best way to install it to not hurt my flow vertical? Horizontal?

I am making a stand for my refugium to get it up higher to the tank. Im thinking I'm going to have about 3'4" to 3'8" from my pump to top of tank. So I will have sicce 5 3'6" head with one 90 going into tank and a Aqua classic 25 uv light with plastic tubing from Lowes.

That's my refugium and I haven't gotten the plumbing glued yet. I'm going to make a stand to get it higher off the ground so my pump has more flow. First chamber has my filter socks with a a bag of rox carbon from bulk reef supply. Then second chamber will have either 10 to 15 pounds of miracle mudd with wisteria. Im waiting on the miracle mudd to come in the mail should be here in couple days. I also have to wait on my carpet plants to come in mail too. Third small chamber is for bio balls and last chamber is for return pump. I test ran it today for first time and no leaks on my overflow. I was also worried about the third piece of glass in my tank being to close to the bottom. I only left an inch but to my surprise everything worked out. All I have left is to hook up my uv light and check for leaks and then I'm bringing it inside.

This is the support I put 2 2x4s in the back and 4 board for support around the front.

Finally the water is in ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439137743.703941.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439137757.074039.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439137770.362278.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439137783.836222.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439137798.359453.jpg

I have the sicce 5 and I have to say I can't even hear it at all. I have a filter sock on my return as you can tell. I only left it there for the first two days just trying to do extra cleaning. But I have bought the stuff that auto cycles your tank but haven't used it yet. I wanted to try to cycle the tank on its own. But my chain sword is growing hair on the ends. My tests read
Ph 6.6
High range 7.8
Ammonia 4.0 ppm
Nitrite 2.0 ppm
Nitrate 5.0 ppm
Should I go ahead and drop in the auto cycle stuff so I don't lose my plants or let it ride. I have 15 pounds of miracle Mudd in the bottom with wisteria.

Today the tank is 3 days old.

And my drift wood came to the top so it's in a tub held underwater for the time being. Hopefully I can't put it in n a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom