New additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, my pictus cat bit the dust a couple of weeks ago. After cleaning the tank up a little bit, adding some more live plants and a couple of 3 gallon water changes we've just added a pair of Indian Dwarf Puffers to our 15 gallon. Right now the little guys (only about 1/2") have the tank to themselves. I want to see how they do before looking for a small cat/algae eater to clean up after them. I'll try for pics sometime.

the only known "safe" occupants with Dwarf Puffers are otos, which are quite cute. You can add ghost shrimp but some DPs will kill them during a molt; you'd have to see the termperment of the indivudal DPs. Its recommended that each DP be given 3 - 5 gallons of water (they're quite territorial), so you could have 3 -4 DPs and and 3 -4 otos. I've had my DP tank set up for a week or two and they are VERY interesting. Just be sure to plant the tank on the "heavy" side and everyone will be quite happy.

I honestly believe you're going to LOVE your DPs ... they're really neat

yay, another DP lover!! hehe, they are great!!!!

www.dwarfpuffers.com will help you out alot.

I would go with 3 DPs and 3otos, that will be good. You need LOTS of hiding places for the puffers because they are one of the most agressive fish out there for their size. If you put a DP up to fight against an african cichlid the DP would definiely win!

Live plants are also appreciated very much

Well, after about 24 hours. 1 DP spends most of his time staring at his reflection in the glass and the other swims circles around the blue foam over the filter intake. I'm waiting to catch a glimpse of 1 sucking the innards out of the multitude of trumpet snails that have infested the tank for years. But all in all, very interesting fish and my wife loves them.

Back
Top Bottom