New American Cichlid Tank 400 litre/100 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nugget6476

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Im considering buying another new tank, with these dimensions:
Dimensions[FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]: 50x150x66CM [/FONT][/FONT]Volume[FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria]: 405L
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Just wondering what people think of this stocklist of American Cichlids and if it would work or be too overcrowed or if I would have any issues:

1 Oscar
1 Jack Demspey
1 Gold Sevrum
1 or 2 Firemouth's
6 Silver Dollars

If that would work that would be awsome, Im going for bigger fish as I already have a 3 foot community tank with smaller fish. If you have any other suggestions or advice it will be appreciated.

Also is there any way to keep live plants with this group, or is there no chance?

Thanks

No chance for plants. With that stock, after all the fish reached full maturity it might only be the Oscar and jack left. I would do an electric blue jack, they are smaller and more peacefull, and I would do 3 uaru instead of an Oscar. But that's just me! Or just swap the Severum and fire mouth for a Texas cichlid, that way he could stand up to the jack and Oscar.

I just put in this list to Aquarium advice and got these results:

1 Gold Severum
1 Firemouth
1 Oscar
6 Silver Dollars

Recommended water change schedule: 41% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 107%

I would still be happy with that mix, I dont know wether anyone has tried something similar to that or not?

They would all be small fish growing up together in the tank

It might work, it might not. Oscars have there own idea of who and what they like. It depends in the individual fish. Just buy them small, and keep them together from the start, and you will have the best chance possible. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom