New and need help about sand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KittyKat013

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well, I'll just start by saying "Hey" so Hey. Here's a little about me for ya' I'm 16, and I am a frequent visitor on Guppies.com. That's pretty much it. Lol. Oh, I'm getting my uncle's 10 gallon tank tomorrow, or someday soon, and I'd like to put sand in it. My questions are: can you use "Play sand", sand used in sandboxes and such? Also, lets just say I have no job, thus, barely any money. My mom suggested that if I were to get sand from The Home Depot or such it would be a lot and probably expensive. So, she thinks i should ask my baby cousin (hes 4. lol) if I can steal some of his sand from his sand box. If I clean it very, VERY, well (if you have any tips on cleaning it, I'm all ears.) would that be a problem?

-Kat-

Any advice/information would be beyond helpful. :)

the play sand from homedepot is like $4.99 at the most.. as long as its not treated with chemicals it should be fine, but I would not take any used sand, especially that sand from a sandbox as it might have been contaminated...

thanew said:
the play sand from homedepot is like $4.99 at the most.. as long as its not treated with chemicals it should be fine, but I would not take any used sand, especially that sand from a sandbox as it might have been contaminated...

kay, thank you. :D ill go check out home depot and lowes tomorrow. :D

Back
Top Bottom