New Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I originally had 2 angels in my 44g corner tank. One of them didn't make it (whether it was already sick or not is another question) and got nipped away by the yoyo loaches, who left the other one alone.

Yesterday, I bought a new angel with the hopes of having 2 once again. As soon as I put it in, the much bigger angel started chasing him. The little guy has found a few hiding spots so far and this morning was still doing fine.

Since this original angel was fine with a counterpart earlier, I figured I'd be getting problems from the loaches, not him. Is the size difference a factor here?

Cichlids can be very territorial and you old angel is seeing an intruder in his territory, keep an eye on it. It may work out or he may wind up killing the new guy. So have a bcakup plan ready.

i started with 4 two paired up the other two hung around together lots... now there in seperate tank and hate each other

Try moving the tank decor around - heater, rocks, plants, driftwood, etc. This sometimes forces territorial fish to reestablish a territory on more equal terms with a newcomer. Sometimes it doesn't work, so keep your 38 gal backup plan ready.

Looks like the bigger angel has accepted the little guy for now. We'll wait and see about the yoyo's.

Back
Top Bottom