New angel pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tomorrow i'm going to collect my new golden veil pair.
I went to my lfs today to get some angels and saw 2 identical golds the female was laying her eggs while the male was chasing all the other angels. Long story short my lfs is keeping them for me an i will collect them tomorrow along with a feather fin cat a banjo and some gouramis
I will load many pics when i get the new stock in the mean time can any 1 offer me some info on caring for pairs in a community tank

Feather fin cats are great fish!

I have mine with an angel and the angel doesn't bother him anymore (probably after getting a mouthful of that spiny fin! lol)l

Mine tends to hide during the day, maybe with a breeding pair being a bit aggressive yours will do the same?

Be sure to have some nice hiding spots for it ^_^

Tomorrow i'm going to collect my new golden veil pair.
I went to my lfs today to get some angels and saw 2 identical golds the female was laying her eggs while the male was chasing all the other angels. Long story short my lfs is keeping them for me an i will collect them tomorrow along with a feather fin cat a banjo and some gouramis
I will load many pics when i get the new stock in the mean time can any 1 offer me some info on caring for pairs in a community tank

One of the problems with keeping breeding pairs of Angels in community tanks is that the fish will take over an area in the tank when they want to spawn. They will not care what fish ( or how much it cost you) is there, they are known to fend off or even kill intruders. While you do have a larger sized aquarium, there may be enough room for the other fish to get away before it is too late. You take your chances however. That's on the "keeping" side.

On the breeding side, when the male is fending off intruders, he is not doing his job of fertilizing eggs. Also, the stress of fending off too many fish can take it's toll on the fish so you are left with unsuccessful spawns and weakened fish. My choice is always to separate breeding pairs of Angels as I want to raise as many fry as possible to keep the genetic lines going. In order to do that, I need many samples to choose from ;) You get this by giving the pairs the privacy to spawn without interuption.

If you are interested in breeding these fish, there is a thread under the Breeding forum titled " Wigglers at Last." This is an ongoing thread by new and experienced Angelfish breeders. It might be of some use to you to read through it. I believe we have covered just about every scenario when it comes to breeding Angelfish :D

Good luck with your new fish (y)

Aand some more

Attachments

• image-4089074701.jpg
    image-4089074701.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1045968086.jpg
    image-1045968086.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2566369165.jpg
    image-2566369165.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 44