New Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all. I've got a 55g tank and I just bought two small angelfish (inch long body diameter - not including fins). They've been acclimating in the tank for a good 10 minutes now and the previous angelfish (twice the size of the new ones) is looking a little aggressive. I'm a little worried that the big one will bully the new ones to death but I'm just looking for some advice from someone that has kept angelfish or been in this predicament. Thanks.

(first post in months; i'll probably be around more often now that school is over)

EDIT: I am cycled and have been for months, etc etc.

There will probably be some territorial aggression starting out, as the bigger one claims its dominance over the littler two. Things should eventually settle out though once the hierarchy is established.

There will probably be some territorial aggression starting out, as the bigger one claims its dominance over the littler two. Things should eventually settle out though once the hierarchy is established.

Thanks, good to know. I'll come back to the post to mention how things are going, perhaps.

Update:
As soon as the new fish were released from the bag, the aggression has completely ceased as far as I can see. I hope it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom