New Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikey5290

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked these guys up today, the pics just don't do them justice. The blue on them is incredible.
They were sold to me as "Cobalt blue".

I realize the Angelfish Society does not recognize Cobalt Blue, and the only thing I could find was Philippine blue.
Correct me if I am wrong.....is the "Cobalt Blue" is a combination of a Platinum and Zebra? Therefore (g,g/pb,pb) x (z/+)?

If this is the case what would 2 Cobalt blue produce?
Trying to learn all these genetics is not as easy as it first seems.:blink::blink:

These look exactly like the user Popparyno's pinoy blue angels, which is the same as philippine blue I think? I'm sure he would know.

These look exactly like the user Popparyno's pinoy blue angels, which is the same as philippine blue I think? I'm sure he would know.

Thanks, I figured Poppa or Andy would be along soon enough and be able to identify them.

I am a mere apprentice of the angelfish, not a master like them ;) Those fish are so beautiful though!

Nice Angels!!! Maybe someone will ID them for you, but there is three of them in there I believe, they will pair up for if your lucky, like mine did already. What will you do if they decide to breed?
The tank looks nice too!!![emoji6]

Clem

Nice Angels!!! Maybe someone will ID them for you, but there is three of them in there I believe, they will pair up for if your lucky, like mine did already. What will you do if they decide to breed?
The tank looks nice too!!![emoji6]

Clem

Thank you.
Hoping to get a pair out them. I already have one breeding pair of Koi angels, and have several more tanks waiting if needed.

I hope they pair for you, let us know what happens!

Clem

Unfortunately, I know little to nothing about the blues. the TAS has recognized the blue gene as a recognized gene and the word Pinoy just really means from the Philippine line of Blues. That's it. That's all I know. LOL
It's up for Poppa now. ;)

Unfortunately, I know little to nothing about the blues. the TAS has recognized the blue gene as a recognized gene and the word Pinoy just really means from the Philippine line of Blues. That's it. That's all I know. LOL
It's up for Poppa now. ;)

Thanks Andy

Regardless, I find the look of the fish amazing!

My paired angels look similar, and were sold to me a cobalt pearl scale. I think the only difference with mine is the pearl scaling. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447802409.812588.jpg

My paired angels look similar, and were sold to me a cobalt pearl scale. I think the only difference with mine is the pearl scaling. View attachment 280848

Wow, love the pearlscale.
Definitely look the same plus the pearl.

I have another pair of silver pearlscale that I wasn't sure what I was going to do with but now.....:brows:. Just need to learn these genetics and understand how they affect each other.

Yeah, I love the pearlscaling... They are great fish. I would like to try breeding them, if I can ever find the time! They tried a couple of times on their own, but were not successful.

Back
Top Bottom