New angels usually shy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I bought 4 angel fish the smallest one has the body around the size of a nickle and They have been hanging around the back lower corner, and are just now starting to come forward but still like pretty much kissing the right side of the tank. Are they just shy since I have 10 ZDs and 10 GLTs. They seem to be getting better, hopefully within the next few days they are gliding around the tank.

First off when I tried to reply i hit the report button on your post Rich, so if an admin se this please ignore that!!!

second The Angels seems to be doing better even after 3 hours

Third I know 2 of the 4 are silver zebra angels but the other two I don't know so I have a picture if someone could help me ID them that would be great!

Attachments

• angels-1.jpg
    angels-1.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 62
i don't know what kind they are but they look awesome. Don't worry, they will soon overcome thier shyness and be begging for food at the top of the tank.. and believe me, its going to be hard not to overfeed them. becuae they beg and they eat till their tummies are full and bloated..LOL

Are the other two brownish (can't tell from the pic) but if they are, they are chocolate. Very nice looking angels. And Ashley is correct...greedy little buggers they are.

(y)

Your angels are beautiful. They look like crosses to me but, I'll give ID'ing them a shot. The silver looks like a silver/leopard, or perhaps silver lace and the others look like smokey/leopard crosses. Very nice. (y)
And, don't worry about the report. :wink:

My 'new' angel is growing fairly quickly, but he seems to be camera shy!

I've tried SO many times to get a pic of him, and when he sees the camera he swims to the back of the tank, doesn't hide or anything, but faces the back of the tank and compresses his fins. :|

It's quite odd - he doesn't react like to this people, just to the digital cam. My suspicion was that there was a light or somesuch on the face of the cam, causing this. Nope.

I tried taking pics in the DARK, with the tank lights being the only lights on in the room, and he STILL sees it, somehow. :(

Someday I'll get a shot of him.

On the other side of the coin, my pleco is finally coming out (occasionally) - he's an even more gorgeous orange color now - still tryin for a clear pic of him, though.

thanks for all the help guys, I really think angels are one of the nicest looking FW fish!

My girlfriend's angels are real greedy too. They will follow us back and forth along the tank, when we walk past it, begging for food. And when we feed them all we have to do is shake the container over the water and they show up. :mrgreen:

Criptos said:
thanks for all the help guys, I really think angels are one of the nicest looking FW fish!

Well, I have to agree with you there. They are tops in my book as well. Of all mine, the altums are the least friendly but even they will now (after a few weeks) eat out of my hands. It normally doesn't take long. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom