New Aquarium Guests? Water Fleas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

springy14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi today i noticed hundreds of little less than 1mm objects swimming around my tank. They have white round body's with tails and can only been seen while looking very closely ie eyes against the glass. They appeared in my Shrimp tank and proberly have been there some time looking at the numbers. Also adding they are free floating and on the glass and dart about . Any ideas?
Andy

Thanks for the response, yeah they look very similar apart from Kristy says they are out of the water while mine are inside. Who knows, i did research into what they may be but have not found anything which may identify them. Hopefully my Ammo Shrimp will eat them :)

Thanks for the response, yeah they look very similar apart from Kristy says they are out of the water while mine are inside. Who knows, i did research into what they may be but have not found anything which may identify them. Hopefully my Ammo Shrimp will eat them :)

AES (Amano shrimp) are the best cleaners I've ever seen. Sorry I didn't go through the threads but there were a few listed, so another might give you some insight or more info.

I hope you get it figured out and please post here if you find an ID/solution/etc so others can learn from your dilemma.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom