Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New Aquarium Guests? Water Fleas?

Hi today i noticed hundreds of little less than 1mm objects swimming around my tank. They have white round body's with tails and can only been seen while looking very closely ie eyes against the glass. They appeared in my Shrimp tank and proberly have been there some time looking at the numbers. Also adding they are free floating and on the glass and dart about . Any ideas?
Andy

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I clicked on your thread out of curiosity and below is a list of related links, so here's the most current one:

Aquarium fleas???

Old 05-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the response, yeah they look very similar apart from Kristy says they are out of the water while mine are inside. Who knows, i did research into what they may be but have not found anything which may identify them. Hopefully my Ammo Shrimp will eat them
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by springy14 View Post
Thanks for the response, yeah they look very similar apart from Kristy says they are out of the water while mine are inside. Who knows, i did research into what they may be but have not found anything which may identify them. Hopefully my Ammo Shrimp will eat them
AES (Amano shrimp) are the best cleaners I've ever seen. Sorry I didn't go through the threads but there were a few listed, so another might give you some insight or more info.

I hope you get it figured out and please post here if you find an ID/solution/etc so others can learn from your dilemma.

Good luck!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com