New aquarium project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemmiWinks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be building an aquarium for my new place and need some input. I want the aquarium to be about 6-7 inches wide, about 1-2 feet high and probably 4-5 feet long. The idea is to make it long and skinny so i can rest maybe behind my bead like a headboard. Besides all of that, i'm wondering what would be a sweet schooling fish to put in it, i have no idea how many gallons its going to hold but i basically want a large number of tetras or guppies or something of all one color. I also do think i want decorations but more so just a cool color gravel. Any input on what kind of fish i could put in their to create an awesome looking school? I was thinking all bright red guppies but would like some more input

The width of the tank is going to hinder your stock. You wouldn't be able to put anything that gets over say 3 inches in there maybe 4 because they need turn around room. But I love my tiger barbs but they are semi aggressive. Maybe some small neon tetra there are a ton of micro fish out there, if you go that route you could put 80-100 micro fish in there with no problem. I would suggest maybe green neon tetras, ember tertras, Pygmy cories, ruby tetras, galaxy rasboras, etc. that's just a few there are tons. Imagine a school of 50+ fish swimming over your head.

Awesome, that is exactly what i am looking for. Most likely going with the neon tetras!

Back
Top Bottom