New Aquascape! Let Me Know What You Think!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanatic88

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys i cleaned my tank earlier today and also decided to change the scape. Let me know what y'all think!

Attachments

• image-1601945584.jpg
    image-1601945584.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 201
  • image-3568710617.jpg
    image-3568710617.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 198
  • image-3731611460.jpg
    image-3731611460.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 184
  • image-375255500.jpg
    image-375255500.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 176
Convict2161 said:
I like it! Natural looking... Awesome job

Thanks! I really love my red slate, i have some other peices and a green one too in other tanks. My loaches love the hiding spits too.

I am proud of myself because i only have one fake plant in the tank because my angels love it! :)

FishFanatic88 said:
Thanks! I really love my red slate, i have some other peices and a green one too in other tanks. My loaches love the hiding spits too.

I am proud of myself because i only have one fake plant in the tank because my angels love it! :)

And you should be proud! Awesome job and thanks for sharing pics of your newly scaped tank!

:)

I like it a lot but those propped up rocks make me nervous... Unless they're siliconed? Also my eye is drawn to the left half of the back of the tank. Maybe you could add another fake plant there?

Once again it looks really good and I'm sure your fish appreciate the hiding places.

heyheyitsrae said:
I like it a lot but those propped up rocks make me nervous... Unless they're siliconed? Also my eye is drawn to the left half of the back of the tank. Maybe you could add another fake plant there?

Once again it looks really good and I'm sure your fish appreciate the hiding places.

Thanks for the concern! No they are not siliconed in but with the smaller rock (flagstone) that is propped up, the rocks propping it up will fall in if it fails, and it is hard to see but the underside is curved in, so even if the other rocks fell out, the rock isnt flat so nothing has the potential to be squashed. With the red rock (slate) it is buried in the gravel enough so it doesnt even really need the rock propping it up but it is just my fail safe. Oh in the left corner it looks bare now, but i have a little crypt back there that will hopefully grow....soon! :)

I see how bettaowner could've seen a BGK... In the 3rd picture there appears to be some kind of knife fish pecking at the gravel. Is it an brown African knife fish?

heyheyitsrae said:
I see how bettaowner could've seen a BGK... In the 3rd picture there appears to be some kind of knife fish pecking at the gravel. Is it an brown African knife fish?

Seems to look like a blue gourami or so to me

FishFanatic88 said:
Spot on, it is a powder blue gourami.

Could i even keep a knife fish in my tank?

No way, they require a 125g-150g once fully grown. I would no do it.

Tank looks nice, although i think the slate looks manufactured, if you think about do you think that slate would be positioned like that in nature? Only critic though, love the substrate!

Jason7894561230 said:
Tank looks nice, although i think the slate looks manufactured, if you think about do you think that slate would be positioned like that in nature? Only critic though, love the substrate!

My fish like it and i like it so that is all that matters to me.

Back
Top Bottom