New aquirium? Posssible!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thndrandlitning5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I'm new here (obviously). lol.

I bought a 20 (I think) gallon tank a while back to hold a pleco we had in our pond. It was massive, and we didn't want to let it die in the pond over winter, and didn't want to get rid of it. But alas, we gave it to a pet shop.
The pet shop commented that it was a nice looking pleco and the was very large. They sold it the next day :mad:.
But, now I have the left over tank.

Debating on what to put in it. I was thinking some fish, but I was at the pet store the other day and seen some Red Clawed Crabs....I want them!
I know nothing about crabs, though. I wanted to get some of them, and get some small fish to go in there as well. What kind of fish are good for a mixed aquarium with crabs?
Also, what is a good amount of crabs that won't be considered over-crowded in a 20 gallon?
Also, how much water to put in it? I mean, I don't want a whole lot of water, or fish. Just some so that the tank looks more alive then just a few crabs, ya'know? Also, what kind of plants are good for the crabs and the specific fish?

Thanks!

It's approx. 12" deep, 20" long and 10" wide.
It may only be a 10gal, but I thought it was 20...lol.

Man, I was way off, haha.
My bad.

Anyway, now that we've established that. Is the 10g good for the RCC'S?

I'm researching right now :p.
And yea, I was planning on having it filled about halfway, and having a little land for them to hangout on. Half-way so that there was enough water to have a few small fish.

So aside from these websites, anyone have any experience on what amount of RCC's is good for a 10g? And types of fish, plants, and such?

Any help is appreciated. Other informative sites are greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom