new armoured shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fonze

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys I am really considering getting an armoured shrimp but the only draw back I have is what if I need to treat my tank? Would I need a secondary tank set up just in case? Or would I able to treat most things without moving him?

Sorry for the delay! As long as the medication doesn't involve anything with copper you should be fine.

It wouldn't be an awful idea to have a small QT for him as the medication runs its course.

I've done some research on the net but nowhere seems to say too much about them. I've wanted one for a while now and have been waiting for the right opportunity in my tank. A friend has just taken some of my fish from me as he has just cycled his second tank and wants to breed so I gave him my sword tails. This means that I now have room in my tank. Any advice on keeping these beautiful creatures would be greatly appreciated.

fonze said:
I've done some research on the net but nowhere seems to say too much about them. I've wanted one for a while now and have been waiting for the right opportunity in my tank. A friend has just taken some of my fish from me as he has just cycled his second tank and wants to breed so I gave him my sword tails. This means that I now have room in my tank. Any advice on keeping these beautiful creatures would be greatly appreciated.

The only specific requirement is that they are filter feeders. This means they need some decent current because they use their fan like appendages to sift out food in the current. If you want a smaller version of it, Bamboo and Flower Shrimp are also filter feeders :)

Oh cool I have two filters running an external and an internal so shoulda plenty too keep him happy :)

And he'll also want to sit quite close to the filter outlet, so make sure you have something for it to perch on like bogwood.

Back
Top Bottom