New betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw this little guy and had to get him. I've never seen a betta like this before and I thought he looked cool. He's a half moon but how would I classify his color? He's pinkish colored but his fins are clear, with a little white here and there.

Attachments

• P5130605.jpg
    P5130605.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 119
  • P5130610.jpg
    P5130610.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 137
He doesn't have red/pink eyes. I thought he might be but his eyes are normal fishie eyes.

Wow... he's nice! So something I would have gotten. He looks white in the pic. The pinkish color you talk about could be the blood under the white scales, maybe?!

Nice!
I've never heard of an albino either to get that white it takes careful breeding a betta that white their pretty expensive from what I've seen

I thought about the pink and how you said it might be his blood. All the pics I've taken of him its hard to get the pink to show up, he turns white with a flash. You can see his stomach inside him, well the dark spot of his stomach.

That was interesting. I never realized how complex the betta can be! I have 2. One, Prince, looks like he is a marble betta and is purple and white. The other one, Louis, is a royal blue with some red streaks through his fins (he is my favorite that I have :))
I agree that yours is the cellophane. I have never seen anything like him before. Beautiful fish!

I know. I didn't realize how many different types there are. I have a red and blue crown tail named Slick and the clear one named Richie.

I got a girl betta today that looks similar to Richie. She's got clearish fins and a clear body. Her name is Cinderella. The other pic is Slick. He was posing so I took a pic of him. Soon as I took it he laid his fins down. I couldn't get him to puff them back out till I walked away and said no more pics lol.

Attachments

• P5170616.jpg
    P5170616.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 59
  • P5170617.jpg
    P5170617.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom