new betta :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just went to go get my son 2 mystery snails for his tank and myself 2 sparkling gouramis for my tank. well anyway i was looking at the bettas and saw a fiesty flarey big.short fin betta boy staring at me and had to get him ahh when will i learn not to go to the fish shops! anyways i will have him in my room in a 3gallon bowl with live plants untill he gets at least a 5g. i went to see that new dreamworks movie hotel transylvania and i named him Drac after Dracular hehe.

_skyla_ said:
i just went to go get my son 2 mystery snails for his tank and myself 2 sparkling gouramis for my tank. well anyway i was looking at the bettas and saw a fiesty flarey big.short fin betta boy staring at me and had to get him ahh when will i learn not to go to the fish shops! anyways i will have him in my room in a 3gallon bowl with live plants untill he gets at least a 5g. i went to see that new dreamworks movie hotel transylvania and i named him Drac after Dracular hehe.

Post pics! Love bettas :)

I love betta pics to!! So here are mine:

image-4133900432.jpg

Sorry, these aren't the best pics, but primrose and chile(my sister named him) love them to death.

image-3078923219.jpg

They're in a betta condo and each get a day get a chance in the 29 gal

This is My male shortfin Dracula

2012-10-03 16.26.25-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20121003_185817.jpg

ForumRunner_20121003_185916.jpg

This is his new home just set up.today the fluval chi 19ltr (5g)
ForumRunner_20121003_190016.jpg

oh very handsome. The local pet shop only caries standard betta splendens though I'm really tempted to have something special ordered into the marine shop. I think my boys need a betta in their room. :p

Why thank you i do love him :) They have heaps of these short fins here and cheaper as they don't seem to be as desirable as the flowy long finned types that I love aswell, but thought hey I'll give one of these guys a nice home and he gave me the look haha.Is it normal for them to have that long horizontal stripe along his body? I thought it was just females that had that?

The horizontal line is stress. He should calm down after a week or so in a steady environment.

Yep his color will intensify and hel be very personable. At least mine is. Mine is a female though. I never gave bettas much thought until I got one now I love them. Great personalities

Very nice. He'll do so much better now that he's got more room to move around, plus a much cleaner environment than the little cup he was probably in. I'm guessing that the tank is heated or stays pretty warm? When I moved my male Bettas into their 10g tanks they changed quite a bit, especially their coloring. I love the Bettas. Congrats on your new guy.

shellieca said:
Very nice. He'll do so much better now that he's got more room to move around, plus a much cleaner environment than the little cup he was probably in. I'm guessing that the tank is heated or stays pretty warm? When I moved my male Bettas into their 10g tanks they changed quite a bit, especially their coloring. I love the Bettas. Congrats on your new guy.

I will have a heater next week I'm going to order one online. It stays at around 20 ATM a bit low but won't be for Long

Back
Top Bottom