New Betta tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I was thinking of a straight piece of driftwood from top to bottom a skinny piece that branches off. And I would clue Anubias to the wood.

Your thoughts?

View attachment 63960

View attachment 63961

View attachment 63962

Keep in mind I'm totally new to this but trying to go for a nice look. I painted 2 sides white to bring the colors of the plant out and the color of the fish.

It's a 15 gallon tall. Some new tank by Aqueon.

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
So, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I was thinking of a straight piece of driftwood from top to bottom a skinny piece that branches off. And I would clue Anubias to the wood.

Your thoughts?

Keep in mind I'm totally new to this but trying to go for a nice look. I painted 2 sides white to bring the colors of the plant out and the color of the fish.

It's a 15 gallon tall. Some new tank by Aqueon.

Like a tree? That would look cool.
What kind of plants are they?
The white looks good! You can get a really bright Betta and he'll stand out well.

Convict2161 said:
Yes like a tree. And I have NOOOO clue what plants they are :(

LFS said they would work and there semi aquatic I think she said.

Mm... As I thought. They might die sorry :hide: I may be wrong but they look like aluminum plant and a peace Lilly both terrestrial plants. google the plantgeek website. They have a section on non aquatic plants. You can also search for different plants and their requirements on there.

Convict2161 said:
I'll do that thanks. This is just a start so I can change it up. :)

All good. :)

When you get the Betta get a small bit of media from your other tank (not too much since it's newly cycled) and pop it in the filter. Will help the cycle a lot.

Mumma.of.two said:
All good. :)

When you get the Betta get a small bit of media from your other tank (not too much since it's newly cycled) and pop it in the filter. Will help the cycle a lot.

Will do Mumma!! Now why don't you make yourself a nice cup of coffee ;)

Those look like ribbon plants. They do eventually rot out and put a ton of ammonia in your tank. I tried them when I was a newbie and yea... didn't go well. I'm sorry. I do java ferns in most of my betta tanks. Similar profile to these, just a darker green. And they sprout millions of babies.

I wanna do a betta tank but apparently Ive hit my "limit" of tanks lol

I think those are the gold ribbon plants as well. I got some for my tank when i first set it up and they didn't do very well submerged and started to rot right away. They are nice plants and mine are now doing great in a little container on my desk with only the roots in water. They seem to be a lot like very young bamboo to me. Just keep an eye on them :)

Back
Top Bottom