New Betta: What color do *YOU* think he'll be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I saw this little guy when he first came in at work today, and I couldn't resist. Hes tiny, only about an inch and a half, but boy does he have a personality! He came right over to my finger and followed it, but didn't flare up, even though he was flaring at the other betta. I brought him home and put him in a 10 gallon by himself (he may be transferred over to a five gallon... depends on how he gets along with the new african dwarf frog plan) and he immediately started exploring.

His main body is iridescent white/pink, and his fins are a darker pink. I'm thinking they are probably going to turn red, though I hope he stays the color he is now!

What do you think he'll look like when he's older?

The picture really doesnt do him justice... I'll try to get a 'betta' one (ahahaha....) but I am only working with a cell phone camera.
img_1832540_0_3576f538a11c944e0eaa56c773f647e3.jpg

tye dye! jk i think it will keep the white coloring and the pink will either darken to a red or maybe a brighter pink :)

Thank you! I really am excited to watch him grow and see how he changes... Its one of the reasons I enjoy betta fish so much... I just wish I had space for more! :)

I think he will be a bright pink. But only because he is a Lightish pink now :D I like him

I managed to get a much better picture this morning! I think hes still a little overwhelmed from going from a cup to a heated and filtered 10 gallon tank!

img_1833142_0_ed136e871fde960c49e1e3f31d84511c.jpg

Talvari said:
I managed to get a much better picture this morning! I think hes still a little overwhelmed from going from a cup to a heated and filtered 10 gallon tank!

Cool picture! Why does it look like there's a big red gash under the gills?

Jen- There are alot of factors involved. Care, diet, water quality, mood... Usually bettas are under alot of stress from breeder to lfs, so their colors are not as good as they would be as adults. He may change his colors, he may not. No way to know for sure.

George9- Thats actually just him starting to flare up. What you see are his actual gills.

Back
Top Bottom