new bio wheel website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenig

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I need a new bio wheel for my eclipse 2. Is there a website you guys trust? ( secure for credit card).
My local and non local fish supply store do not carry the bio wheel, because it is considered a replacement part.
Thank you for any help.

The eclipse is cycled even without the bio wheel. Do I still need one?

Why do you need a new bio-wheel? The wheel may look "dirty", but it's ok. If you want to, you could swish it very lightly in some removed tank water, like what you take out in a water change. If it's not turning, check the little silver pins on the edge. You could wipe the gunk off of them while being careful not to touch the bio-wheel. The bio-wheel may "stop" momentarily sometimes, but the Marineland website says it's nothing to worry about.

I would still get a bio-wheel if you need one. The gravel and decorations in the tank can sustain a bacterial colony too, but this filter is made to work with a bio-wheel, so if the old one is damaged somehow, you should get a new one. Here's Marineland's customer service page on their website:

http://www.marineland.com/cust_phonehours.asp

Thank you for the reply's.
I got this 20 gal aquarium from a friend. All her fish died suddenly. Nobody knows why. All it was left was a sick pleco that also died. Well , after all that I dumped out everything, gravel some decoration, that could not be boiled and YES all the filters. At that point I did not know that the bio wheel is a replacement part. Wouldn't any decease she would have had in the tank also be colonized in the bio wheel?
The Petsmart couldn't help me with my request and told me to call Marineland direct. ( Can not stand that store) :roll:
The tank is up and running with a little comet rescued from the turtle pit. I know I must be weird. LOL
Thank you for the website. I would like the best price possible. Have you tried the website before. How fast do they ship?
Thank you for the help!!!

I understand now -- yes, if the tank died for some unknown reason, then the bio-wheel may be contaminated. If it was a new tank the fish could have died from a cycling or ammonia problem rather than a disease. But since we'll never really know, I would say it's best to play it safe and get a new bio-wheel.

Back
Top Bottom