new colors of cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert H

Aquarium Advice Activist
image35.jpg

The green cherry shrimp! This is real! Read about it HERE

What do you guys think? Would you want this in your aquarium?

Neat coloring. It is amazing what selective breeding can do.

Neocaridina species are all very cool. I wish you could mix them without them all eventually breeding back into a very plain color... I would definitely throw some blue, yellow, and green in with my cherries.

They breed back in a hurry too. I had a few BPS and I think I got a mutt in the mix. Within two generations they're pretty much all clear.

Too bad mixing the colors doesn't make new ones. Blue and red for purple, etc. That'd make it easy!!

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Sorry, what is a BPS? Red cherries were bred from a grey and brown shrimp. The wild specie has no color. Red Cherries breed true. Yellows breed true. And these two new color morphs are supposed to breed true as well.

Too bad mixing the colors doesn't make new ones. Blue and red for purple, etc. That'd make it easy!!

That would be cool, wouldn't it!

I would assume they would... what I mean is, I can't take a green neocaridina and put it in with my red neocaridinas or they will end up with no color after a couple of generations, like the wild variety.

Never heard of a blue powder shrimp. and I googled it and came up with nothing. There is a Blue pearl shrimp, maybe thats it. Thats bred from Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis. They are more of a translucent blue

Those are some cool shrimp, I wonder how long it will take for them to hit aquabid and other sites like that. Thanks for posting.

Never heard of a blue powder shrimp. and I googled it and came up with nothing. There is a Blue pearl shrimp, maybe thats it. Thats bred from Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis. They are more of a translucent blue

lol that sounds better i knew it was somthing close to that powder/pearl its close haha but yea the ones iv seen look more like a ghost shrimp with a blue tint than a bright blue

Back
Top Bottom