New crown tailed betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weebro55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have received a new crown tailed betta. I was wondering if you had any tips to keep him happy. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Bettas need at least a 2.5 gal - preferably a 5 gal tank.

Keep the temp a stable 76 - 80oF.

Make sure there aren't any rough or sharp objects in the tank that may damage the fins - beware of plastic plants for this reason.

Bettas appreciate something to hide under and rest on top of. A small suction cup soapdish or a clump of Java moss serves this purpose well.

Hikari makes the best betta pellets, IMO. Supplement the pellets with an occasional shelled, parboiled pea to prevent constipation and bloat.

Bettas absolutely go nuts over bloodworms and brine shrimp - frozen or freeze-dried. They make a great once-a-week treat.

i have a crowntail betta! he lives happily in a one gallon tank, but i am hoping to upgrade at least to a 2.5 for him. i feed him bettamin betta flakes and he loves them. i also feed him frozen bloodworms. although he doesn't go crazy for them.

Well he is in a 1 gallon goldfish bowl at the moment but, I want to get a 5 gallon now and divide for my regular betta. He has a spider plant instead of the cheap plastic plant.

Back
Top Bottom